An exciting announcement (someone pinch me) and a card

Hi Stampers! 

It's time to let the cat out of the bag. First of all, this came as a total surprise and I was jumping for joy. It's a dream come true. And I feel honored and flattered. Why? I will tell you in a second. 
But there is a little story behind.
My first stamp I ever purchased after moving to the US was Hero Arts, and I still have it. I instantly fell in love with their designs. I have always looked up the the Hero Arts Creative team, they were example and in a way "idols". I always "wished" to be on the team, but the thought of it was immediately dismissed as something not achievable (I would think, come on, when Stampin' Up! doesn't "want" me on their Artisan Design team, why would Hero want me on theirs lol, no hurt feelings SU!)....Well, little to my surprise on August 1st I received an email from Hero Arts, which actually was an invitation to join the amazing Hero Arts Creative team. Of course, I said YES (not that crazy to not say YES). 
So, I am honored to join the Creative Team and I hope to inspire you with my creations.

Head over to the Hero Arts blog to read the intro ;) where I tell you little bit about me (if you don't know me ;) )

Now that I let the cat out of the back, lets move onto the card I have for you today.  I used the CL865 Color Layering Let Love Grow stamp set in conjunction with the DC151 Hello Stamp & Cut. I used 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of snow layering paper to stamp the images form the Let Love Grow stamp set. The ink pad colors I used are: Soft Pool, Tide Pool, Antiqua, Butter Bar, Soft Apricot, Soft Pink, Cotton Candy, Bubblegum, Rose Madder (Bold ink), Fresh Lawn, Lime Green and Unicorn pigment ink. I started building my background by first stamping the largest images, then moving to the smallest. After that I stamped the layering pieces.
After I was satisfied with my background I trimmed it down to 3 ¾” x 5” and set it aside. I cut the Hello sentiment 3 times using PS688 Black Folded Cards. I took one of them and applied Versamark ink directly from the ink pad then embossed it with PW111 Ultra Fine Embossing Powder couple times. Once it cooled down I adhered all 3 die cuts together in order to get more dimensional look.
I cut a thin strip of the same note card I used to die cut the Hello, and stamped the sentiment “ you brighten my day” using Versamark ink, then embossed it with PW110 White Embossing Powder and trimmed to size. Now, that I have all my elements together I assembled my panel and adhered it to a PS688 Black Folded card. To finish it off I added few CH215 Neutral Mixed Accents.



Comments

~amy~ said…
YAY!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to working with you Ilina!!!!!

Your card is simply beautiful!
Michelle Short said…
Yay! Welcome to the team, Ilina! Looking forward to working with you! :)
Unknown said…
Woo hoo! What a beautiful dream come true! I love Hero Arts and they are to have you in their team! You make the most amazing creations! I can't wait to see what you create with Hero Arts stamps! Congratulations!
Welcome to the team!! I'm looking forward to working with you!! ❤️
Stefanie White said…
How exciting! Congratulations!
Patty said…
Congrats, Ilina! I, too love HA stamp sets. i recently purchased the Christmas tree (CL 887) Layering stamp set, that I also purchased the matching Pine tree cutting die to use with it. Another of my favorites is the Color-Layering Sending Love (CL943) layering bouquet stamp set. Love the sentiments in that set. Can't wait to see your new card creations!
Angie Wylie said…
Congratulations Ilina! I love Hero Arts too! I love this card! Haven't tried glimmer paste yet, but it's next on my list. Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations! I thought you already were on the team, I have seen your work for HA, and fell in love with your cards. You are amazingly talented, I love your work.
Teresa Doyle said…
Congratulations Ilina. Hero Arts stamps were some of my first stamps too and I still have them.
donna mikasa said…
Huge congrats, Ilina! Love your card, too!
Awesome! You really deserve it!
FeM said…
Congratulations Ilina!!! I look forward to seeing your awesome creations.
Julie Ann said…
Your card is Beautiful! I love that it's all hand stamped! Congratulations on the design team! You're one of the idols shining bright!!
Sandy Small said…
Congratulations on joining the Hero Arts design team! I look forward to seeing your projects.
Nadinebd said…
Hurray for you....enjoy.