SSD blog hop - Layered watercolor wash on hot press watercolor paper

Hi Stampers!
It's again that time of the month, time for another Skipping Stones Design tip/technique blog hop.
Today I have a quick tip for you on how to do the watercolor wash onto hot press watercolor paper.
For my watercolor wash I used the mijello mission gold watercolors. I started by adding water to the paper  and then applied a layer of watercolors, after that using a heat gun I dried the background. Then applied another layer or watercolor (on dry paper) and then another one.
After everything was dried, I stamped the images from the Victorian Summer set with versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. Then die cut the panel and three layers of the Hello die cut from gold foil paper. I adhered the 3 diecuts and adhered them to the panel and then to the card base.

Scroll down for the list of all participants of the blog hop, and leave them some love :)





Comments

Nice post.Thanks for giving such a beautiful information and pictures.
Breathtaking!! I LOVE it!!!
MarĂ­a Pilar said…
Wowww, gorgeous card! Beautiful watercolor background and foil application! Thank you for sharing it.
Sue D said…
Wonderful with the gold embossing over the watercolor background.
SHartl said…
That watercolored background looks even more amazing with gold embossing, wow!
Karen C said…
Uhm...Wow!! I really need to try this technique!! Love it! Such a pretty card! Great hop!
Hugs
Karen C
Karenladd said…
How elegant and impressive! This card really pops!
Rahmat said…
WOW, I absolutely love this card, so dreamy! Bravo!
Denise Bryant said…
Beautiful background to show off those gorgeous gold-embossed feathers! Lovely card!