Skipping Stones Designs Blog Hop - soft blending



Hi Stampers! 
Welcome to another tip technique blog hop, the first one for the new 2016! .  For today's card I am using two stamp sets Dandelion Dreams and Beautiful Botanical. To create the background I used 3M Micropore tape to mask up my area (I did square) on piece of Neenah 80lb cardstock ,then using my mini blending tool and three inks pads from Simon Says Stamp and Wplus9 I applied the colors starting from the lightest on the bottom, going to the darkest on top. The type of inks I used (along with Hero Arts and Umbrella craft ones) give such a great blended look especially after they dry (it can take several minutes to completely dry and absorb into the paper). After I created the background with the tape still in place I stamped the image and the sentiment, so the image is "enclosed" into the inked square. Then I die cut my image and added some sequins and beads and then mounted it on black card base. 
Make sure you hop on over to the blogs of the rest of the DT and check out the tips/techniques they have in store for you today.





Comments

Hi Illina!

It's muy first time un tour blog and I like it!

I like the colors of your card <3

The background is pretty :)

I love the stamp :)

Chic and divinity card! <3

Mi blog is http://desommeilsdeniccolette.blogspot.com.es/?m=0

Kisses from Spain

~ Niccolette Coquelicots ~
Sweet April said…
Wow...what a beautiful card,it's so gorgeous,stunning and elegant. Thanks for sharing.
Kandi Phillips said…
Love the blending, so gorgeous and the black is so striking! Excited to be on the SSD team with you!
Arianna Barbara said…
Oh wow! This card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!!!
None None said…
What a fabulous card! I love the blending you did in the masked square and how you stamped your image so everything is nice and cleanly contained within.
Satori said…
Love this technique and card! Thanks for the tips!
Patty said…
Beautiful CAS card. Thanks for the tips on blending and masking.
Linda Batson said…
Beautiful card I love that you have used a black card base. I don't think I've seen that before.
Beautiful! Love the blended background!
Janis said…
It's just beautiful. I need to try this background technique with the black silhouette stamped within it.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Jen W. said…
Your inked background is gorgeous, Ilina, and your gems and sequins are perfectly placed!